Usha Choudary: Allu Arjun Cannot Be Mahesh Babu

Monday, March 22, 2010
Off late, I have been hearing a lot about the movie ‘Varudu’ and the hype that is being generated for this film surely caught my attention. In a way, the talk generated has been conveying that Allu Arjun is as good as prince Mahesh Babu in terms of looks and the screen appeal.

So I decided to have a peep at whether it is really a credible effort or not. To put things straight, the difference between Arjun and Mahesh is like chalk and cheese. Agreed that for ‘Varudu’, the young hero has got his oiled body shining with six pack abs and the mystery factor of the heroine still persists, thanks to the director Gunasekhar, but then the fact remains that Mahesh and Arjun cannot be compared. It is a registered truth that Allu Arjun is a rough and tough guy and he fits the bill only for mass roles like ‘Desamuduru’ or weird roles like ‘Arya 2’.

Having thoughts of seeing him as a dream boy or in a tender romantic role is unbearable. So, in my view, if ‘Varudu’ is a high adrenaline action treat mixed with romance then it is okay but if it is something like ‘YMC’ or those mushy romantic lovey doveys then I am sure it will be unworthy. The consolation for me is the presence of the raw hunk from Kollywood Arya. I was baffled and impressed by his intense performance in ‘Nenu Devudni’ and since he is the villain here, I am expecting some ammunition. While I appreciate the efforts of Allu Arjun to try and be a creampie for the girls, it must be said that as long as Mahesh is around that will be difficult.

It is not that I am a fan of Mahesh Babu but if you ask any sensible group, eight out of ten would agree with what I have to say. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting to see what Gunasekhar has

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Entertainment News © 2010 | Designed by Blogger Hacks | Blogger Template by ColorizeTemplates
Downloaded from free website templates