Music is the food of love: Shruti

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
She’s not just another pretty face in the crowd. Well, pretty she is, but when it comes to Shruti Haasan, there’s much more to her than the obvious good looks and illustrious lineage.

As passionate as she is about movies, music, she says, is one of her biggest obsessions. “Music is the food of love, life and all things beautiful,” starts off Shruti. “I am really excited to be performing in the city after a long time and honestly, I think music has shaped me into the person that I am today.”

An accomplished pianist, Shruti says that she has been most influenced by musicians like Bob Marley, Tori Amos, The Beatles and Bob Dylan. She goes on to add, “I grew up listening to these artistes and this will be reflected in my gig tomorrow. We will be performing a very chilled out, mellow set and take my word for it, the acoustics will shine through.”

Finally, ask her if daddy dearest will come with family in tow to support her and she concludes with a laugh, “I have no clue. You should ask him that. I want him to come see Shruti the musician and artiste, and not Shruti, his daughter. I want the music to speak for itself.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Entertainment News © 2010 | Designed by Blogger Hacks | Blogger Template by ColorizeTemplates
Downloaded from free website templates