I will never lobby for Nandi Award : Balakrishna

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nandamuri Balakrishna Today criticized the prestegious Nandi awards,which are presented annually in Andhra Pradesh for Telugu cinema byState government.

"There was a discussion on how many NandiAwards my father could have bagged. But, in my opinion even he may beignored by the award committee. I got Nandi Award for one of my films.It was the first Nandi award for my family. But, unfortunately I got itwhen my brother-in-law(N.Chandrababu Naidu) was chief minister of thestate. Many of them have thought that I had lobbied for the award. But,I didn't do any lobbying for the Nandi Award and I will never do that,"said Balakrishna.

Actor R.Narayana Murthy came down heavily on the Nandi awards committee and state government.

"Nogovernment has recognized and appreciated us. We made a film based onthe current problems in the society. But, the government has failed torecognize it," said R.Narayana Murthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Entertainment News © 2010 | Designed by Blogger Hacks | Blogger Template by ColorizeTemplates
Downloaded from free website templates